Saturday 15 August 2015

                                                   
  Killarney (Part 1)




It's just the piece of heaven. There are so much thing to see and to do. The most visited place it would be the Killarney National Park.  You can spend many days: walking, cycling, kayaking and etc... We stayed in Fossa caravan&campsite. It's just 4 km from the Killarney. I booked a mobile house. I decided that this summer is not going to be the hottest one. While in Germany +40° we were lucky to have around +16 without the rain. Cause there were eight of us. But we could stay just 6 in the mobile house and the rest of us had to stay in a tent. Why I choose this campsite? Have no idea. I was reading review about campsites. And I have to tell you I picked the right one! The tent pitch I chosen not far away from the mobile house. The view from the campsite is superb! Mountains till the sky! There is a playground and tennis pitch on the site. Showers, toilets, kitchen, laundry room, drying room and etc. Yes drying room! It's a very small room but very warm. So if you need to dry a towel or so no bothers. Well there is a drying machine in the laundry room. But why pay if you can dry you stuff for free :) You have to buy a tokens for shower and the rest.

Picture by Ernesta B.
Picture by Ernesta B.
We rented one more  car in Cork to make holidays better. And there were no chance to put that much stuff in to the one car. As our car is very small. I mean really small. Before you'll decide to rent a car be very careful and always read policy or email and documents you'll need! Believe me when you are standing in the rent a car office and the guests are just about to show up in the Cork and the man is keep telling you that we don't have such a paper or else you don't wanna to get that stress. But we did! It was a Friday noon. What else can get worst? In other countries we rented a car and no worries. But here in Ireland we've got some problems. The first thing I asked was "Is this because we are not Irish"? Cause ones we couldn't rent a movie just because my husbands driving licence wasn't Irish. Can you imagine me there standing in an office. I felt like somebody slapped me in to my face! But luckily we sorted everything and upgraded to way bigger car than we planned. The time was pushing us as our guests were already in a Cork. Killarney is about 140 km from the Cork. Roads are very good and very wide( to compare with the Ring of Kerry and other national roads) The road signs showing 100 km/h so you'll reach your destination fast. In some of the village were horrible traffic but it was just for 15min or so. Other that was happy flying hour :) And it was a challenge  for my driving skills! If you would ever go to Killarney you would understand what I was talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment